THE NFL IS BACK: ARE YOU BETTING ON IT?
It is now legal to place a wager in the state of Iowa and fan engagement with NFL games will see an impact:
- 39 percent of avid NFL fans plan to place a bet on the NFL this season.
- 75 percent of NFL bettors say they are more likely to watch a game they bet on.
- 28 percent are more likely to attend a game they have bet on.
- 51 percent are more likely to watch pregame shows and commentary.
- 63 percent are more likely to gather with friends or family to watch a game.
Among NFL fans, the New England Patriots are the favorite to win the Super Bowl (23 percent), followed by the Kansas City Chiefs (8 percent), Dallas Cowboys (7 percent) and New Orleans Saints (6 percent).
8:20 p.m. ET: Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears
This line opened with Chicago listed as a 3.5-point home favorite. The public is relatively split on whether to lay or take the points. But sharps have taken a clear position. As soon as the line was posted, wiseguys got down hard on Green Bay getting the hook (+3.5). This overload of smart money forced bookmakers to drop the line down to the key number of 3.
The total opened at 46 and his ticked up slightly to 46.5. Two benefits to the Under: The wind is blowing at 7 mph at Soldier Field and Tony Corrente is the lead official. Since 2005, the under have won 57.3% of the time (+18.6 units) with Corrente as the lead ref.