“The Last Dance” Drinking Game
Nearly a year ago ESPN announced they were going to air a 10 part documentary series on the 1997-1998 Chicago Bulls in June of 2020. Because of the global pandemic COVID-19 that has kept us at home and without sports, ESPN executives have expedited the docuseries to be released April 19th-- producers are still editing episodes 9 & 10 as you read this.
ESPN is going to release 2 episodes every Sunday for 5 weeks. Welcome back to appointment television. Must see TV in it's glory. Not since the final episode of "Game Of Thrones" has a show's television time slot been so anticipated. There will be no talk of "spoiler alerts" (SPOILER ALERT: THE CHICAGO BULLS WIN THE 1998 NBA FINALS) or binge watching this series. Just hunker down for 2 hours every Sunday night and
then go to the water cooler on Monday to discuss the show then go to social media and discuss the show-- more on that later.
We thought it would be fun to put together a drinking game to participate at home. That is what we are doing, right? Missing sports, talking about sports, and drinking, right? Lots of drinking.
OK. So here is how it goes....
TAKE A DRINK IF....
- INTERVIEWEE CALLS MICHAEL JORDAN "THE GOAT"
- INTERVIEWEE MENTIONS JORDAN'S "LEADERSHIP"
- INTERVIEWEE MENTIONS JORDAN'S "INTENSITY"
- ANYTIME THE WORDS "SMOOTH" AND "EFFORTLESS" IS MENTIONED
- THE DREAM TEAM IS MENTIONED
- JORDAN IS SPOTTED WEARING BULLD UNIFORM NUMBER "45"
- JORDAN IS SPOTTED IN A BRIMINGHAM BARONS JERSEY
- CLIP OF JORDAN'S NCAA SHOT AGAINST GEORGETOWN
- ANY MARS BLACKMON SITING
- JORDAN'S RELATIONSHIP WITH ISIAH THOMAS IS MENTIONED
- JORDAN SMOKES A CIGAR
- A JORDAN SIDE BET IS REFERENCED
- JORDAN MENTIONS A FEUD WITH A TEAMMATE OR COACH
- JORDAN TELLS A REVENGE DUNK ON OPPONENT STORY
- PHIL JACKSON IS CALLED A "GENIUS"
- JERRY KRAUSE IS REFERRED TO AS "CRUMBS"
- LEONARDO DICAPRIO IS SPOTTED ON CAMERA
Yeah. The list is long. And we may be too intoxicated to remember the last 15 minutes of Episode 2 but it could be fun.
Want to really step it up a notch?
Include social media in the "Last Dance Drinking Game"..
I suggest you put all social media away for 2 hours and enjoy what will be the highest rated docuseries of all time. But if you must be on social media-- have some fun with it.
TAKE A DRINK IF SOMEONE POSTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA...
- ANYTHING JORDAN VS LEBRON RELATED
- A NOSTALGIA POST ABOUT HOW OLD THEY WERE WHEN THE BULLS WON
- REFERENCING THE JORDAN SHOES THEY USED TO WEAR
- A POST ABOUT WHICH JORDAN SHOES WERE THE BEST IN THE SERIES
- NBA IN THE 90s VS NBA NOW
- THE CONTRARIAN POST THAT JORDAN WASN'T REALLY THAT GOOD-- we all know they are only posting for the comments
There you have it. That is the list. Feel free to add more or edit the ones provided.
Stay safe and sanitized out there!
Here is The Last Dance schedule:
April 19 Episode 1 8 P.M. CST
April 19 Episode 2 9 P.M. CST
April 26 Episode 3 8 P.M. CST
April 26 Episode 4 9 P.M. CST
May 3 Episode 5 8 P.M. CST
May 3 Episode 6 9 P.M. CST
May 10 Episode 7 8 P.M. CST
May 10 Episode 8 9 P.M. CST
May 17 Episode 9 8 P.M. CST
May 17 Episode 10 9 P.M. CST