Emergency Response To Pepper Spray At Williams Intermediate School in Davenport
What may have been an April Fool's Day prank gone wrong, has led to several Davenport students to been briefly hospitalized.
Emergency vehicles were called to Williams Intermediate School in Davenport this afternoon after a can of pepper spray went off in the school's lunchroom. WQAD reports that Dawn Saul, the school’s communication director, said 26 students were taken to the hospital by ambulance following complaints of respiratory issues after the pepper spray went off during the last lunch period. As of 3 p.m., most students had already been treated and released.
The latest details here from WQAD.