NBA H-O-R-S-E Tournament
The NBA is very good about keeping their brand relevant during the off season and are continuing their constant updating of the brand during the COVID-19 shut down of the 2020 NBA season.
First there was the NBA 2K20 tournament between players, and now there's going to be a HORSE competition consisting of current and former NBA and WNBA players.
Here are some of the details about the tournament:
- Players will go shot-for-shot in a single elimination tournament
- Each player will take their shots from their own respective and isolated home gyms
- A coin toss at the start of each game will determine who shoots first, with the more senior player calling heads or tails
- Players must describe each shot attempt, specifying the type of score they intend to make before taking a shot, such as a bank shot or swish (dunking is not allowed)
- State Farm will donate more than $200,000 on behalf of the participants to charities focused on coronavirus response efforts
Here are the first round match ups for the tournament:
- Trae Young vs. Chauncey Billups
- Tamika Catchings vs. Mike Conley Jr.
- Zach LaVine vs. Paul Pierce
- Chris Paul vs. Allie Quigley
Trae Young was also a participant in the NBA 2K20 tournament, as well. Basically, Young is volunteering his time for everything.
All quarterfinal match ups will air Sunday, April 12, from 6 to 8 p.m. CST. The semifinals and championship of the NBA HORSE Challenge will air April 16, beginning at 8 p.m. CST, also on ESPN and streaming on the ESPN App.
Here are the current odds to win the NBA H-O-R-S-E Challenge courtesy of Bovada:
|Mike Conley Jr.||+450|
You can read more about the NBA HORSE Challenge HERE
To get more insight to each participant and the experts pick to win click HERE
I am picking Mike Conley Jr.-- dude is ambidextrous!