Join The MTV The Challenge: Total Madness Fantasy League
Finally, we have some sort of competition show that we can get behind. As of Friday March 27th-- we are on our 14th day of no sports from the BIG 4: Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, and the National Football League.
We need something to get us by.
Welcome to America's 5th Major Sport: MTV's "The Challenge".
Remember when you questioned Jay's sanity when he described The Challenge in those terms? Well guess what-- ESPN's old Grantland called it the 5th in 2014. So did Complex in 2015. Even those idiots at Barstool are on board.
The next season of The Challenge, titled "Total Madness" airs on April 1st at 7:00 PM CST and we want you to join our fantasy league started by the team at "Don't Hassle Us We're Local".
Think about it. You get to watch a competition show that involves plotting and alliances while a trainwreck of booze, sex, and ego await to derail the whole thing.
You need this in your life.
Here is a quick WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT "THE CHALLENGE":
- The Challenge premiered on June 1, 1998 as a spinoff, competition show between The Real World and Road Rules
- Since the 4th season, each season has been giving a unique title, see "Total Madness", and each season is giving a different format and theme.
- There have been 35 seasons of the The Challenge
- The cast is made up a various people from MTV shows like The Real World, Road Rules, Are You The One?, and Ex On The Beach. Recently contestants from CBS's "Big Brother" have joined the show.
- The host of the show is TJ Lavin and he HATES quitters.
- This season consist of 28 players competing to win money. 21 of the players are veterans-- players who have appeared on several seasons or have competed in finals. The other 7 players are considered rookies-- competitors who have never appeared on the show before, also known as the naive dummies. You can check out a full link for this season's cast here.
Are you excited to join our fantasy league yet?
Here is how the league is going to work:
- Create a LOG IN account at RealTVFantasy.com YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST
- Join league HERE to sign up for "The QC Hassle Challenge" league.
- Read the fantasy scoring rules HERE.
- The draft format is TEAM: You pick from 10 of the 28 players-- those players are on your "TEAM". Each week you start ONLY 5 players from your team-- so even if you lose a player early in the season, you aren't considered out.
- Pick your 5 starting "PLAYERS" each week before the episode airs on Wednesday night.
- Check back on ESPN1170AM.com for updated blogs/stats. Also, listen to "Don't Hassle Us We're Local" on Wednesdays for The Challenge fantasy starter advice. Listen on Thursdays for show recaps.
- We are working out the details on prizes.
It's that easy.
Here is a sneak peak at this season's MTV The Challenge: Total Madness
Good luck and stay strong out there!!!