Do’s & Don’ts If You’re Attending the John Deere Classic
While the John Deere Classic brings big-time professional sports to the Quad Cities every summer, with it comes big-city security procedures to ensure the event goes on without issues.
Here is a list of things you can and cannot bring to TPC at Deere Run in Silvis during the tournament:
- Knives, firearms or weapons of any nature
- Even with a permit – violation is a felony ARS Sec. 13-3102
- No cameras (Thursday – Sunday)
- No bags larger than a small purse (6” x 6” x 6”), including lawn chair bags or umbrella sleeves
- No posters, signs or banners
- Coolers and beverages, other than a sealed water bottle or special items such as baby formula
There are stringent rules for mobile device use as well:
- Device must be on silent at all times
- Calls may be placed or answered only in designated “Cell Phone Zones”
- Devices may not be used to capture audio/video at any time during tournament week
- During practice and pro-am rounds, photography is permitted in all areas.
- During official competition rounds, photography is prohibited within any areas of competition (i.e. teeing grounds, tee shot landing areas and on/around putting greens) or when requested by tournament staff, security, players, or player representatives. Photography in non-competition areas is permitted.
- Data use (e.g., texting, email, etc.) will be permitted outside of the designated “Cell Phone Zones” all week
- Data use is not permitted when players are in position to compete (i.e., when QUIET PLEASE paddles are raised)