Bettendorf Bulldogs (2-1) VS #5 Pleasant Valley Spartans (4-0)
LET'S GET IT ON, 'CAUSE WE DON'T GET ALONG
The "Battle For Bettendorf", the "Whitey's War", the "Caddy's Cup"-- whatever location you want that splits the two rival schools is still not enough to put a title on the legacy of these two local high schools rivals.
From the stories of PV high school students throwing dog bones at Bettendorf cheerleaders to the tales of Bettendorf students tossing onions on the Pleasant Valley field, all alumni have them. And the stories, even if fabricated on a barstool, only adds to the importance of the game.
In a strange season, this game means even more.
Usually Pleasant Valley and Bettendorf meet much earlier in the season. A shake up in scheduling due to COVID-19 makes this the latest meeting in a high school regular season game since 2007.
The #5 state ranked Spartans are 4-0 on the season and are looking to make this game a statement win. The offense is averaging around 25 points per game and the Spartans defense look like a "bend don't break" squad. The defense has not given up more than 14 points in any of their victories.
The Bettendorf Bulldogs (2-1) offense has yet to establish themselves this season. Moving bodies into different positions after their Week 1 loss to Washington (10-19) has seen some success but to lesser opponents. The Bettendorf defense is legit, though.
Here is some information for you to prep for the game...
- The Bulldogs lead the regular season series over the Spartans 26-6.
- The Bulldogs are 10-1 against the Spartans in the playoffs
- Bettendorf has won last 3 home meetings and last 6 meetings.
- PV last won in 2013 and its last win at Bettendorf was in 2012 and a 38-0 running clock win at TouVelle.
- Bettendorf is 14-3 at home in series.
- Bettendorf last shutout PV at TouVelle in October 2007 in a 49-0 Bulldogs win.
- Bettendorf has 3 shutout wins at home in the series.
- Bettendorf is 19-6 vs PV in the month of September and 1ST meeting in September since 2017.
*all stats courtesy of Brian Stocking
PLAYERS TO WATCH
PLEASANT VALLEY SPARTANS:
- CADEN KIPPER, RB: 59 attempts 483 yards 4 TDs
- BARRET LINDMARK, QB: 15/22 242 yards 2 TDs 179 rushing yards 2 TDs
- TYNAN NUMKENA, ATH: 6 receptions 110 yards 1 TD 189 rushing yards 2 TDs
- RYAN COLE, RB: 43 attempts 254 yards 3 TDs
HOW TO WATCH/LISTEN/FOLLOW:
- General Admission is not allowed. Must have a pass/ticket to purchase entry.
- Stream from the "Don't Hassle Us We're Local" YouTube page (Parker and Jay on mic): LINK - like and follow page for notifications
- Stream from the "Don't Hassle Us We're Local" Facebook Live page (Parker and Jay on mic): LINK like and follow page for notifications
- Caddy's Sports Bar & Grill will be hosting a watch party. TV's behind the bar will be on game and projector on dining side of restaurant will have it on too.
- QC SportsNet.com will be calling the game: LINK
- Follow Quad City Times Matt Coss on Twitter: LINK
- #5 PLEASANT VALLEY SPARTANS (4-0) at BETTENDORF BULLDOGS (2-1)
- TouVelle Stadium - Merv Habenicht Field
- 7:15 PM